Terms and Conditions
Payments can be made by:Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express.
Rates are subject to local sales and resort taxes implied by the state. Which may include county tax and Florida hotel tax rates. Percentages may vary depending on county locations.
Reservations and Deposits:
All reservations require a 25% deposit to hold chosen dates. For all reservations we require a signed rental agreement & copy of front and back of photo ID, you must be 25 years of age or older to book. All reservations require a $59 damage protection (non-refundable) that covers damages up to $1500 in damages. All reservations have a refundable security deposit that is mandatory. Deposit refunds are refunded within 15 days after departure.
Remaining balance is due 20 days prior to arrival date. We will send out final instructions, including arrival information atleast 1 week prior to arrival date.
- Holiday reservations are non-refundable.
- 60 days or more before check in,100% refund
- 30-60 days before check in, 50% refund
- 30 days or less, no refund
Changes, when available, require approval, a $150 fee, and payment for any increases in rental rates or fees.
Reservations will be canceled with no refund if the Guest provides false information during the reservation process or plans to advertise or hosts a Party, defined as exceeding the occupancy limit. Unused nights will no be refunded.
Southern Dream Vacation Rentals reserves the right to cancel reservations and refuse service to anyone, to the extent permitted by law. Travel Insurance is recommended. The damage deposit varies by property and we also reserve the right to charge a higher damage deposit at our sole discretion.
- Chargebacks- Guest waives any right to dispute a credit or debit charge, request or demand a chargeback, or dispute that a detailed item description was provided, the contact information was clearly and prominently displayed, and grievance policy instructions were provided.
Reservation Prices do not Include:
Expenses and items not mentioned, including, but not limited to: transportation, tips for personal services, meals, insurance, telephone calls, pool heat, mid-stay cleaning fee (mandatory for any stays over 2 weeks or 1 per month for monthly stays) and other items of a personal nature.
- It is agreed that the Premises shall be used only for residential purposes, no animals and for no other purpose whatsoever.
- Tenant in the possession, use and occupancy of the Premises agrees to observe and comply with all restrictions, laws and ordinances affecting the Premises or occupancy thereof.
- Tenant further agrees that no use shall be made of the Premises, or acts done which will increase the existing rate of insurance upon the Premises, or will cause a cancellation of any insurance policy covering the Premises.
- Smoking is not permitted in any residence. A $150 fee may be charged for ionization, if smoking in the property is detected.
- Pool heat- Pools may not heat to the Guest’s desired temperature during colder weather and may take up to 48 hours to reach maximum temperature. There are no refunds for dissatisfaction with pool heat.
- Pool safety- Children are not allowed in the pool area at anytime, without supervision from an adult. When available pool safety fence & pool alarms must be used at all times. Doors must be kept closed and locked at all times. Any safety concerns, including if any equipment, pool alarms, safety netting, or locks, are not working properly must be reported immediately to the Management Company. Disabling Pool Alarms is strictly prohibited.
- Pet Policy. Pets are not allowed unless specifically authorized by the Management Company. in writing; subject to size & breed limitations; and payment of a pet fee.
- Emotional Support Animals (ESA’s). ESA’s are subject to the pet policy.
- Service Animals. “Service Animals, “as defined by §413.08, Fla. Stat. (2017) and including animals in training, are exempt from this section, provided a written request for reasonable accommodations is made at the time of reservation. A person who knowingly and willfully misrepresents herself or himself as using a service animal or being qualified to use a service animal commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
- Removal. Management Company. reserves the right to remove any animal for inappropriate behavior.
- Check-in is 4:00pm or later and check out is 10:00am. Failure to depart on time may result in additional charges.
- Parking- RVs, trailers, campers, boats, buses, & all non-passenger vehicles are prohibited.
- Commercial Use- Commercial use of the Property is prohibited, including but not limited to, public events or productions.
- Air Conditioning- Guests cannot set the Air Conditioning below 72° or the Heat above 78° orleave any doors or windows open. Most AC thermostats on monitored by management.
- Safe Use- Guests shall comply with all laws and rules affecting it. Fireworks, open flames, intoxication by occupants, and inherently dangerous activities are prohibited. Fire extinguishers must be used appropriately. Report chirping alarms, as they indicate low batteries in safety devices. Furniture cannot be taken outside or moved without the express written approval of the Mgmt. Co. Alarms and smoke detectors cannot be tampered with. Use the overhead stove fan when cooking to avoid accidental activation of the smoke detector. The quiet enjoyment of neighbors must not be disturbed.
- Social Functions on the Property- No parties, groups, gatherings, events, or other social functions are allowed unless specifically authorized in writing by Southern Dream Vacation Rentals upon a violation of this term, the Guest agrees to vacate the Property, or be subject to removal by police. An exception exists for pre-approved parties which are subject to approval and additional fees.
- Maintenance- The property will be inspected prior to the Rental Period, to ensure that the property is clean, and in good repair. Guest must provide notice of any problems within 24 hours of discovery or the time a reasonable person would have discovered the problem, or Guest waives any related claims. Responses shall be made as Southern Dream Vacation Rentals reasonably deems appropriate. Absent gross negligence by Southern Dream Vacation Rentals, faulty equipment, appliances, cable, internet & phone services; temporarily interrupted utility service; bugs; noise, construction, a warm refrigerator, a cold pool, or; inclement weather, and other similar complaints do not constitute a breach of contract. Service charges resulting from a false report by Guest, as reasonably determined by a service provider, shall be charged to Guest.
- Cleanliness- There is no daily maid service. unless arranged and paid for through the Mgt Co.
- Garbage- Guests must keep trash and recyclables separated by the designated as required by the individual resort, trash being securely bagged and disposed of in bins. Guests must take trash and recycling to the curb the night before assigned pickup days. Guests should consult the house directory for exact dates and questions.
- Departure- Upon departure, guests must place dirty dishes inside the dishwasher, place used bed linens in a pile by the washing machine, place garbage in the outside trash can, and secure all doors and windows.
- Utility Services- Services provided in the home such as but not limited to cable, internet, phone, power, water, etc. are provided as such based on available service agreement directly with the utility company or HOA. Service outages that are reported by the service provider are beyond the control of Southern Dream Vacation Rentals and are not eligile for compensation claims.
- Lead- There are no known lead-based paint hazards on The Property.
- Wildlife- Florida wildlife may pose a danger so approach all wildlife & outdoor areas with caution.
- Bed Bugs- The Property has been inspected to ensure no bed bugs are present, so the presence of any bed bugs is presumed to have been caused by the Guest unless the Guest provides clear and convincing proof otherwise. Guests must vacate the property immediately without refund and pay for treatment to remove the bed bugs.
- Allergens and Aggravants- Houses are cleaned according to usual and customary accommodations standards by Southern Dream Vacation Rentals Guest assumes responsibility to remediate any symptoms resulting from allergies or aggravates, including but not limited to coughing and sneezing.
- Smoking and Vaping. Smoking and vaping are prohibited on the Property.
- Fireplace Usage. All guests and third-party invitees are strictly prohibited from using any fireplace located on the Property.
- Risk of Loss- Each Party shall be responsible for loss, damage, or injury caused by his/her/its own negligence or willful conduct, or concerning Guest, also caused by members of Guest’s party and Guest’s licenses & invitees.
- Lost or Stolen Property- Southern Dream Vacation Rentals is not responsible for lost or stolen property. Guest agrees that personal property left on Property at the end of the Rental Period shall be deemed abandoned if good faith attempts to return it fail.
- Default Status of Persons- Guest agrees that all persons on Property have transient status pursuant to § 82.045 Fla. Stat. (2017).
- Grounds for Removal- Guest agrees Southern Dream Vacation Rentals has the right to remove any persons in violation of § 509.141 Fla. Stat. (2017). And, Guest agrees to vacate, agrees Southern Dream has the right to remove Guest & Guest’s party for breach of this agreement, and Guest waives any statutory right to a refund. .
- Replacement Cost- Guests will be charged for replacement costs and administrative fees required as a result of the Guest’s breach, negligence, or willful conduct.